Friday, June 30, 2017

I hate you, Photobucket

<no images for you!>

Things will be quiet for the time being while I figure out some image hosting solutions. I've been using Photobucket for years and while a fee for 3rd party hosting makes sense this 400$ is fucking ridiculous. I've paid happily for extra bandwidth in the past. I've been using their hosting service since 2006. After some hunting about the issue on the web I checked my spam folder and sure enough there was a notice about some features on my account being disabled...

I'm bulk downloading all my images and plan leaving the site for good.

It's going to take some time but I intent to get everything sorted here.

Cheers,

CJ

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. http://photobucket.com/terms

      This in particular:

      Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

      * Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

      Fuck these guys.

      Delete
    2. I host all of mine via Googles blogger which is stored as part of my Google drive, you get plenty of space and they don't include smaller files. The typical 800 by 600 I use for blogging isn't counted so no issues there.

      Delete