Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Terrain: One Man's Rubbish...

...is another man's treasure. When it comes to styrofoam in the dumpster, that is a treasure for sure. This stuff goes for more than I'd like over at Home Depot. When I spied out this piece on top of a dumpster when I was out for a walk yesterday, I quickly used my walking stick to help fish it over to the side. If need be, I'm not above getting in a dumpster. This time there was no need. If you aren't grown, stay out of dumpsters. If you are, don't get caught. Some people are weird about their rubbish.

Anyways, I broke the sheet in half for ease of transport and when I got home I measured the pieces; two rectangular pieces about 27"x20"x2" thick. Not bad. This is the same walk I usually take, to the gardens where I found the slate. The time before this that I was out I got a bunch of nice classified sand, where run-off had built it up around a drianage barrier. I'll take a photo next time, so you know what to look for as a source for nice clean, classified sand.

Cheers,

CJ