Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Adeptus Mechanicus 003

I finally got the servo-arms settled for the first squad of Techmarines. Now that they are complete, I am able to move on to painting them. I started with a basecoat of Testors Flat Black, and then a coat of Mechrite Red.

Once that dried I applied a drybrush of Red Gore, then Blood Red, and topped it off with a wash of Devlan Mud.

After the Devlan Mud dried, I went back with the drybrush and added a layer of Blood Red, followed by Blazing Orange, and another wash; this time it was Baal Red.

Once the red was completed, I painted all the metallic bits with Gunmetal Metal, and then gave them a wash of black.

They really look like Word Bearers at first glance (to me, anyway), and make me want to get moving on a CSM army (again).

C&C welcome,
Cheers!

-Xi

No comments:

Post a Comment