Sunday, March 26, 2017

StarCraft Remastered

Anyone not excited for this? StarCraft, along with WarCraft 2 and Diablo were some of the first games I completed (without cheating!) and some of the most fun for the longest time after. I played StarCraft before Brood War and until I finally lost my disc for the game. I remember going to the mall with a friend in high school and he purchased the Special Edition Protoss big box. My first copy of StarCraft came in the GotY box with WarCraft 2 and Diablo.

After 19 years StarCraft will be free. Not free-to-play, free period. I think this is a good move on Blizzard's part since if you have somehow missed out on this legendary RTS title you can check it out... and then hopefully be more amenable to purchasing SC Remastered when it launches.

One of the things I remember when getting into 40k was people complaining about how StarCraft stole the Space Marines from 40k. It didn't take me long to see exactly what they meant but I wasn't going to be butthurt about it. I started playing Space Marines in 40k during 3rd Edition, and most of the old fluff had already been retconned. Ah geek memories.

See the teaser page here.

I hope they bring back Tarpit D maps.

And I'm done waxing nostalgic this morning.

Cheers,

CJ