Thursday, May 12, 2016

Gideon Main Battle Tank 001: Unboxing

This magnificent beauty arrived today. Fresh from Mad Robot Miniatures, the Gideon MBT is a great replacement for the Leman Russ. I like the lines of this tank, originally designed by Jas Hodge. The Mad Robot turned that 3d model into this gorgeous chunk of resin. I made an unboxing video to show off my new tank. I can't wait to get two more and have a squadron.

If it only plays at potato quality go to youtube and watch.

There is the hull compared to its countpart. The tracks look a lot beefier (better) and the head lamps built in the track guards are great. The sides are nice, solid sections. One bonus to this kit for me is that if I want to add side skirts there is plenty of room to do so. Same with adding sponsons if I decide I want to waste points :/

You can see here how the turret is also quite a bit beefier. I've got the long barrel canon out to compare since I have my assembled Leman Russ with a Vanquisher cannon. The barrel is nice and long like the Forge World offering. The last picture is the twin autocannons to count as the Exterminator. I plan on using magnets to be able to mount all five options included with my Gideon.

...I haven't gotten a tank from Forge World in some time but I don't remember any of them being this clean.

Cheers!

CJ

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm saving some cash to get a trio of these, really glad to see how nicely the casts turned out. Good stuff, man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking forward to getting home and working on mine all day. I think with a little push I can get it cleaned up, turret modified to accept all variant weapons, and assembled tonight.

      Delete