Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Undead Advance!

A long off put update to the Undead Project I've undertaken for a client.  So far the count stands at 65 Zombies and 30 Skeletons, all from Mantic's Kings of War line.  Here are some shots of the updated progress.
Here is the sample model my client painted up for me to follow.  When we first started this project, he gave me a copy of his paint recipes, as well as painted models so I could see what I was trying to match...
I need to get better pictures.  Here are five finished Skeletons.  My client was very happy with the uniformity in his undead so far.
Better shot of the same five.  I finished these ones to see exactly where I was with the matching and to see how long it takes to knock out a group.  I find the time taken with a batch of minis scales accordingly.
One of the nice bonuses that comes included on the Mantic frames is this chunk of viscera and spinal column, which can help get more zombies out of the box than you bargained for.  My client is using a few things to stack his zombie count for the units, these bodies the least extreme.
Here is the latest finished batch of 15.  The bases still need finished: drybrushing, edges painted, and static grass application.

Next up on the agenda for the Undead Project is 30 more Zombies.  After that, we'll see what the client has in store.  On my personal agenda is a 3.5 D&D campaign, and I'm still working on my Adeptus Mechanicus Marine force.

Cheers,
Xi

No comments:

Post a Comment