Thursday, December 8, 2016

Witch Hunter Warband


Once upon a time I had a Witch Hunters warband for that wonderful game Mordheim. It was a lot of fun to play with even if I didn't do that well overall. Late last night I had an idea...

A couple recent eBay wins have netted me two cybermastiffs from the Enforcers kit, as well as the Forgeworld Event Only Enforcer and hound. While trying to figure out what exactly I'd use these models for I remembered my old warband. I had three hounds then and I will have three here soon enough. Why not build a 40k equivalent? The original band had a Captain, a Priest, five Flagellants, and aforementioned hounds.

Remember this guy? I do believe he'll make a good 'captain'. The Enforcer will serve for my 'priest', and the hounds are covered, of course. 'Flagellants' threw me for a while until I remembered the Sisters of Battle mob, the Frateris Militia. These guys are utter wackos and will serve well. Even better, they seem to have an abundance of Eviscerator Chainswords available. I've got Uriah Jacobus to count as one of the rabble.

This will be a fun little project to work on in the future. I don't expect the hounds or Enforcer and hound until the end of the month. In the mean time I'll carry on building until Winter truly arrives.

Cheers,

CJ