Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Birthday USA (and general update)

They spelled 'Murica wrong.

In other news, I cleaned up my work space and have an update from the land of unfinished projects and the Pile of Grey Shame.

Seeing is believing ha! That is a knight back there, I built him last summer while I was dead on the air here. I have a second Knight Warden kit in the PoGS... and Imperial Knights: Renegade. What else... A second edition Chimera to go with the Leman Russ, and of course Deathwatch, Assassins, and all those Betrayal at Calth Marines.

Add to that some other eBay wins I snagged: 20 more Steel Legion minis, two more Leman Russ tanks, a fourth edition Chimera kit (yay track guards!!), a couple figures who will remain anonymous, and a load of bits.

I have been at work on the Gideon MBT I got from Mad Robot Mini's, a little at a time. I want to add two more of these (at least) so I can have a squadron of them in my tank company (pending). One of the Chimeras is going to get kitted up as a Salamander Scout. I've always loved them on the field, effective or not.

From the land of unfinished projects, I'm finally ready to start painting on the base of the drawbridge. I think the top bit might be ready, too, but I'm not 100% that its done. The scrap pile is likewise ready for paint. I need to finish a few details on the big sump whatever and it will be ready for paint. I lost steam when I broke off one of the side tower things and didn't want to look at it for a while.

Watch this space for project updates on all the aforementioned things. And stuff I decide I need to throw together.

Cheers,

CJ