Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Inq28: Mystery Character Retinue 003

It's been a pretty relaxed first half of the month here and as a result I've gotten more hobby time than I was otherwise expecting. I'm using most of it to get these Inquisitorial Henchmen painted up.

These henchmen will be sporting black fatigues and red armour. For the fatigues I used Codex and Fortress Grey drybrush layers over Chaos Black, and then washed the areas with Drakenhof Nightshade and Nuln Oil. I added the blue wash to the mix since these gents are pulled from the ranks of the Imperial Navy's armsmen. In that line I was considering dark blue or white berets. The red armour is the same recipe I've used previously on Inquisitorial Henchmen. Lastly I've gone in and based all the webbing, leather, and areas that will be gold with Scorched Brown.

I should have these guys done in the next couple days.

I am also working on the mystery characters. More information on them will be forthcoming as soon as they're ready for the /r/Warhammer40k Summer Hobby Challenge.

In other news I'm beginning work on a Salamander Scout for my forces.

Cheers,

CJ